It is currently August 20th, 2017, 12:05 am

All times are UTC - 6 hours

Post new topic Reply to topic  [ 2478 posts ]  Go to page Previous  1 ... 95, 96, 97, 98, 99, 100  Next
 Post subject: Re: quick hits - current game you are playing and thoughts o
PostPosted: May 3rd, 2016, 1:03 pm 

Holy shit the map is freaking huge in the Paris one. Also, Paris! Fuck yeah killing people in Renaissance architecture. I drowned that motherfucker in the toilet after poisoning his drink, but then forgot to shut the door as he went to barf and a model saw me jamming his head down the toilet, so I changed garb and ran out a window and climbed a pipe to find the other target, who i tried to kill with a remote mine but a guard saw it and took it away, so I just threw scissors at her helper's face, shot her in the head, shot another guard in the head, and then slid down the same pipe I came up on to victory. This was all after throwing a hammer at a german supermodel's face.

PostPosted: May 3rd, 2016, 1:16 pm 

Damn you, I just bought 3 games now I want to buy Hitman!

Darkchild

PostPosted: May 3rd, 2016, 4:38 pm 

It is appropriately goofy right from the off too. The prologue missions are literally in a mountain training facility and have you infiltrating a mock up yacht made out of plywood and cinder blocks, and a fake army base, and Diana is all "don't worry, the weapons you're blowing people away with are just dummies". The intel system isn't as hand holdy as you'd think (you still have to pull off the things - it just gives you more reason to explore and take in your surroundings), and all the other elements like the mini map and the instinct system (it's not the most obnoxious version of detective vision - you only get where NPCs are, but it's not immediately easy to tell how many walls are between you and them) can be completely disabled, and the various feat achievements are all indicative of crazy people who played too much Blood Money and wanted to take on each level in various ways, though the sort of downside is you have to do the missions once before you get access to some alternate methods. Sadly there's no sign of any newspaper clippings.

PostPosted: May 4th, 2016, 3:37 am 

I SMOTHERED A MOTHERFUCKER WITH A PILLOW AFTER DRESSING UP AS HIS THERAPIST

THIS GAME IS OKAY

PostPosted: May 4th, 2016, 3:39 am 

Can you put the pillow over their head and use it to suppress a pistol shot? I've always wanted to do that.

Darkchild

PostPosted: May 4th, 2016, 3:53 am 

It's a contextual moment that the game calls "opportunities" (semi scripted assassination attempts of sorts - people all seem to run on a clockwork cycle of sorts like before, but there are additional cycles that you can discover that interfere with the regular clockwork motions - think of them as mini sidequests), so no. I haven't encountered any makeshift suppression stuff, but if it's anything like blood money (and it is exactly like blood money), I am pretty sure you will be able to get off gunshots without repercussion if you know an area is noisy or is going to be (such as if you're in an engine rooms, or if fireworks are going off, etc.).

So far it's still been the same loop of "peel away this layer of the onion, tease at the next one to figure out the weakness". Also, it feels great to see people taking dumb selfies, hear idle chit chat, folk give you shit for acting weird, and see just folk smoking, drinking coffee, or plain old wandering about like you'd expect them to. I love it.

Also I just realized I set off a car alarm by accident in the Italy stage in a side street, which has just given me more ideas.

PostPosted: May 4th, 2016, 4:39 am 

CAR ALARM DISTRACTIONS

PostPosted: May 4th, 2016, 5:07 am 

When was the last time you threw a hammer at a car in a game and the alarm didn't go off?

PostPosted: May 4th, 2016, 5:08 am 

I have never thrown a hammer at a car (in a game)

Darkchild

PostPosted: May 7th, 2016, 1:29 pm 

So Bloodborne is basically my life now.

Darkchild

PostPosted: May 8th, 2016, 4:51 am 

I dressed up as a sheikh after overflowing the dork's sink in his private suite and then a member of staff came in so I threw another hammer at his face and put them both in the closet, then I went and threw a screwdriver at someone and extracted via helicopter. Oh and I dropped the light rig on the other target too.

Paris map is alright.

PostPosted: May 8th, 2016, 12:48 pm 

I scaled a balcony, threw a coin at a dude and started choking him. Some woman walks out onto the balcony while I'm choking him and calls someone with her cell. I drag him behind her as she's talking, take his clothes and stand in his place just as she turns and returns inside.

PostPosted: May 12th, 2016, 1:09 pm 

Full details of how Hitman's Elusive Targets differ from the rest of the game (from the Square press release):

- They are available for a limited time only in game – this first Elusive Target will last 48 hours
- Intel on the target will be limited
- They will not appear in instinct mode, or the mini map and their locations will not be revealed to you – you’ll have to go and find them
- Plan accordingly before you engage your target
- Your target can only die once
- If you die during the mission, that’s it
- When the time runs out, they are gone for good
- If you fail, there are no second chances

I dig that they're doing something like this. It taps into the mentality people got from Blood Money of doing perfect runs, suit only, etc., except they now have far more potential NPCs and situations to work with.

PostPosted: May 14th, 2016, 5:23 am 

First Elusive Target was a breeze. It was quite clear from his description where he would be and I have superman vision off by default anyway.

I didn't really put too much effort into killing him though, just got to him and shot him and his dude from behind and strolled out.

What they should do is make it more interesting by utilizing the constrained time thing. Since it's a timed mission make it so 47 didn't have time to acquire weapons beforehand so he goes in with a selection from his basics: fiberwire, coin, lockpick.

PostPosted: June 2nd, 2016, 11:16 am 

o hey

http://store.steampowered.com/app/274500/

PostPosted: June 5th, 2016, 9:33 pm 

BobSagat wrote:

We did it!

Gauss and I finally shipped a fucking game. Hopefully we can keep doing cool stuff. I'm going to sleep for a month now.

PostPosted: June 6th, 2016, 2:11 am 

Well done dudes, I'm mega happy for you!

Darkchild

PostPosted: June 6th, 2016, 3:37 pm 

As well as watching about 20 hours worth of different analysis videos on Youtube, I've also just read a 90 page breakdown of the lore in Bloodborne.
I can't stop thinking about it, which is kind of appropriate considering the Lovecraftian nature of the fiction.

It has gripped me in a way that Dark Souls never did. It wish you PC gamers could play it.

Darkchild

PostPosted: June 6th, 2016, 6:05 pm 

Did those 90 pages touch on the whole rK selection theory thing

PostPosted: June 7th, 2016, 2:06 am 

Yes. The Great ones always lose their children (for whatever reason) and "always search for a surrogate". I reckon that in some point in history they lost the ability to reproduce, so descended to earth to mix with humans and create a viable offspring, hence the enemy subset known as "kin" (ascended humans).
There are comparatively few kin in the game, and even fewer Great ones.
The main subset in the early game are "beasts", created by ingesting the old blood (blood of the great ones). There are shitloads of them, in various stages of transformation. They vastly outnumber the kin, and are generally weaker and less sophisticated.

There's your r/K theory in Bloodborne.

Darkchild

PostPosted: June 7th, 2016, 3:40 am 

If it's up your street, it's worth watching ENB/Marcus' playthrough of Bloodborne on them youtubes. He was working with the company that did the official guide (unlike Prima who created a piece of fucking shit for DkS3) for Bloodborne (meaning he basically had access to backend, so basically throughout his playthrough he touches on aaaaaaaaaaaall the stuff.

https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=JyfeBHA ... 8sQ3VrOnnP

PostPosted: June 7th, 2016, 5:19 pm 

I'll give it a watch after I finish watching the game grumps playthrough.
Not informative, they just make me laugh with their silly humour.

Darkchild

PostPosted: June 10th, 2016, 12:58 am 

Game Grumps is awesome.

PostPosted: June 10th, 2016, 1:03 am 

Only discovered them during my Bloodborne playthrough. Must've died a hundreds times due to laughing at them in the background while I'm playing.

Darkchild

PostPosted: June 13th, 2016, 4:51 pm 

...I spent the past few days playing a whole bunch of the Witcher 3 Blood and Wine DLC and I'm still not done. In short:

- New ability unlock system for those who've already maxed out their mutagen stuff (you basically get a new tier that gives you a way to spend all those points and mutagens)
- Toussaint is a completely new area, all bright n' vibrant n' shit unlike Velen or Ar Skellig. Basically the south of France, sunflowers n'all.
- New Gwent deck: Skellige faction which seems a mashup of Monster and Northern Realms faction (currently doing the tournament)
- New enemies, some of whom are complete shits even on lower difficulties.

Main quest thing is alright. A bit cliched and not as focused as Heart of Stone, but still good. It's not quite the retelling of Dracula I wanted, but it's holding my interest all the same. This DLC has all the trappings of the main game (literally just think of it as a whole new area, not an addition to Velen like Heart of Stone was).

Post new topic Reply to topic  [ 2478 posts ]  Go to page Previous  1 ... 95, 96, 97, 98, 99, 100  Next